Very Presidential- Mitt Romney’s speech today hits on all points:
“Obama also “inherited” the greatest, most productive country on the planet, and just look at what he’s done with it.”
This is why, like 2010, we’ll see a historical election landslide.
As a bonus, here’s Obama’s official plan for 2012-2016, with no specific mention of jobs or deficit reduction… because America cares about all the other stuff…
- President Obama has a long-term economic plan to invest in education, small businesses, clean energy, infrastructure, and tax cuts for companies that bring jobs back to the U.S.
- Under President Obama, we’ve seen 31 straight months of job growth, adding 5.2 million private sector jobs, including nearly 500,000 manufacturing jobs – the most growth since 1997
- Cut taxes by $3,600 for the typical middle class family making $50,000 a year over his first term – find out how his plan impacts your taxes
- “All of the above” strategy to develop every available source of American made energy—including oil, gas, clean coal, wind, solar, biofuels, nuclear – and taking steps to protect our climate
- Set a goal to cut tuition growth in half over the next decade with a plan to double campus based student aid and incentives for schools that are successful at keeping tuition growth down
- Responsibly ended the war in Iraq , is bringing our troops home from Afghanistan, and will use half the savings to reduce the deficit and the rest to engage in nation-building here at home
- 100 million Americans saw lifetime caps on coverage lifted, so that families have the security of knowing that their insurance will cover them when they need it most
- Believes a woman’s health care choices are personal decisions, best made with her doctor—without interference from politicians
- Improved Medicare by adding free preventive care, closing the “doughnut hole” saving seniors an average of $600 last year, and extended the life of Medicare by 8 years by eliminating $716 billion in waste, fraud, and abuse
- Is lifting the shadow of deportation from young, hardworking immigrants who were brought here as children, and is committed to comprehensive immigration reform