They finally got their favorite terrorist back. As he’ll be on the street in the near future, let’s look at his loving family that will be waiting to bring him gracefully back into society.
– Dad Ahmed Said Khadr – al Qaeda financier and friend of Osama bin Laden. A founding member/financial backer of al Qaeda. Khadr was arrested in connection with the 1995 bombing of the Egyptian embassy in Pakistan, but was released a year later with the help of Prime Minister Jean Chretien. Khadr was killed in a gun battle with Pakistani forces near the Afghanistan border in 2003.
– Mom Maha Elsamnah – When the Khadr family moved to Afghanistan in the 1980s, Elsamnah and her husband reportedly enrolled their sons in an al Qaeda training camp.
– Abdullah Khadr – The eldest brother – accused of running an al Qaeda training camp in the 1990s.
– Abdurahman Khadr, the second oldest Khadr son, admitted to spending much of his childhood attending an al Qaeda training camp.
– Abdul Karim Khadr – youngest Khadr son. Paralyzed during a gun battle in Pakistan in which his father died.
The good news is when Omar gets out, house arrest will look at lot like Gitmo. Wonder when they return the favor to all the Canadians that helped bring him home.